Come visit our office... located in one of Silver City's finest historic homes.
Built by William Laizure in 1891 for the C.C. Shoemaker family, the large brick home at 505 West College Avenue boasted private tennis courts on its west side where the Silver City Public Library now stands. The house was remodeled in 1915 and a second story added by J. A. Harlan and Sons, under the ownership of T. L. Lowe.
The home has several high-pitched hipped roofs, a brick porch with pairs of turned wood columns, lozenge lights and fleur-de-lis stained glass in transom lights over many windows.
An addition to the house was designed by architect Henry Trost for Mr. and Mrs. Ira L. Wright, owners around the 1920's. Actual upstairs remodeling was done in the late 30's by Richard Tatsch. Later occupants included a medical clinic and a private nursing home. The house underwent major rehabilitation again in 1994 by Dehtan Construction of Silver City when it became the home of Smith Real Estate.